As “stewards of the manifold grace of God,”* our mission is to be a lasting, effective and compassionate charitable resource for agencies in Southeast Georgia, the nation and the world that respond to people in need, for institutions related to United Methodism, and for organizations that promote evangelical Christianity.
- In all that we do, we will seek to discern and to follow the Will of God as expressed through the Bible and the Discipline of the United Methodist Church.
- We consider our work to be an outgrowth of the ministry of the St. Marys United Methodist Church.
- We are guided by our Wesleyan heritage of “personal and social holiness”.*
- We will seek to conduct all of our activities with humility and responsibility.
- We will attempt to respond with thoughtfulness and compassion to people who seek assistance.
- We will seek to leverage our resources through partnerships with other private and public organizations that share our values and goals.
* “… loving God with all our hearts and soul and strength, as having first loved us, as the fountain of all the good we have received, and of all we ever hope to enjoy; and the loving of every soul which God hath made. Every [person] on earth, as our own soul…. This religion we long to see established in the world… having its seat in the heart, in the inmost soul, but ever showing itself by it’s fruits; continually spring forth, not only in all innocence—for love worketh no ill to our neighbor—but likewise in every kind of beneficence, spreading virtue and happiness all around.”
(John Wesley Sermon, “On Laying The Foundation of a New Chapel,” 1777)
St. Marys United Methodist Church Foundation envisions an improved quality of life for people in southeast Georgia, the nation and the world.
For Additional Foundation Information, click the following links: